Thursday, June 23, 2016

And This Is Why We Need World Peace

Since we had to leave for the Kinogasa campus at 8 am this morning, we had to buy breakfast from the convenient store the night before. I bought two cups of yogurt, potato snack, and a type of PB&J sandwich. In order to get to the Kinogasa campus, we had to take two buses, and a train. By the time we got there, it was 10 am. We went to this campus because we went to the Peace Museum. The tour took about an hour and our tour guide was a sweet little lady. She continually apologized for her English, but I didn’t really see anything wrong with it. I was able to understand everything she said. I enjoyed the Peace Museum because it showed the disasters of WWII and from the perspectives of each country. Not only that, but it also showed today’s current issues of how we should be working together to create solidarity with one another instead of continuing with war.
Entrance to Museum
Indigenous Posters from the United Nations
After the Peace Museum, we went and had lunch on the Kinogasa campus. Their cafeteria had a lot more options of food to choose from. It appeared to have more American options because there was pasta, vegetables, and corn. I ate a type of noodles, egg rolls, chocolate cake, and I tried some dumplings that I didn’t really like. As we were sitting there, Julia and I saw a guy named Lamont walk by who use to go to our school at Illinois College. It was the most random thing on earth. When he walked by a second time, we said hello and he couldn’t believe that he was seeing us. It was quite funny to watch. After that encounter, the group walked around campus for a little bit and then we headed back to the bus to go back to BKC.
Kinogasa Campus
Once there, we got ready for our presentations with the graduate students. When we arrived to the building, we met with our partners and went through eight presentations. Each one was very interesting and it took about an hour and a half to get through everyone. After these presentations, we went straight to our other presentations which was for our poster session. It was split into two sections and I was placed in the second session so I didn’t have to present until 7:15-7:55 pm. So while I waited, I went and grabbed Subway to eat for dinner. When it came time for me to present, we had about four people approach our poster. It was fun discussing me, Julia, and Leo’s project. This session made me realize that I thoroughly enjoyed doing this research. I also got some good ideas for writing in my paper from the questions the people asked me. After this poster session, I went back to the room, and worked on a scholarship and some of my paper.

From left to right: Sakura, Julia, Leo, and Tori
Student Poster Board Session

No comments:

Post a Comment