Sunday, June 26, 2016

Stay Close To The Ground So We Can Be Connected To The Earth

We left for Takayama from BKC today after we had breakfast. We were supposed to leave by 9:15 to catch the bus to the station and catch our train, but Sam and Leo left a really big mess in their room. So, that made us about 20 minutes late and Mioko Sensei had to change the tickets and catch a new train to Takayama. Once again, the view was spectacular. There were so many deep valleys with green, lush hills. The train ride took a while so I sat there and took a nap. When we finally arrived at the station, there was a van there to pick us up and bring us to the hotel. I absolutely loved the hotel! It was so cute and quaint. My roommates for the past two nights were Day and Julia. It was a good experience because our coffee table and beds were on the floor. The chairs were on the floor as well so I might as well have just sat on the ground. After we got settled into the hotel, we took a tour around the town. After the mini tour, Mioko asked if we wanted a little snack before dinner so we all parted ways and went somewhere different. I followed Mioko around and I think I tried about 4 different types of treats. I was getting a little worried because dinner was only in a couple hours. We walked back to the hotel about an hour before dinner started. I decided to take a Japanese bath with Day. I really enjoyed this even though it was an interesting experience. I was able to bathe in front of the bath where everybody could literally see me wash myself. It was a little weird at first, but liberating at the same time. After the bath, I put on a kimono and wore it to dinner in the hotel. In the dinner, we had to sit down once again. We were served a lot of food. I was really full by the end of the night. After dinner, the hotel staff set up our beds on the ground and we laid down for the night. 
Time for dinner

Snack right before dinner

Hotel in Takayama

Our bedroom for two days

All of the dinner served to us

No comments:

Post a Comment